OK, so someone on Flickr has made knit dolls recreating scenes from the cult classic Dawn of the Dead. Of course they’re very cool.

But what’s even cooler? BoingBoingthe place to get linked if you’re anybody in blogland has a post about the dolls and their creator. I love to see fiber art noticed in the mainstream press. Thanks BoingBoing! (Oh, and it was my non-knitting brother who turned me onto the knit zombies–John is my resource for what’s on the technological cutting edge.) John says today BoingBoing linked to knitty’s article about making your own breast prosthesis (or “tit bits”) Maybe boingboing’s getting crafty! (John says it’s because knitting has “geek chic.”)

In other news, I have a new pattern published in the brand new MenKnit magazine! It’s a hip new publication for and about men who knit. While I don’t think it’s any harder for men to knit than women (and therefore no more remarkable) there is a clear absence of fashionable patterns out there for men to knit or wear, and MenKnit has set out to correct that problem–they’ve got lots of cool patterns including some great socks; an update on the classic “muscle tank” and a cool shadow knit scarf. The zine is published in PDF form. I love that because the patterns are formatted for printing. I don’t know about you, but I don’t usually knit in front of the computer. You can download the zine here.

Technorati Tags:

New Pattern Published and a Knit Sighting

8 thoughts on “New Pattern Published and a Knit Sighting

• October 19, 2005 at 9:44 am

cool pattern! 🙂

• October 24, 2005 at 7:34 pm

I can’t wait to make these ear warmers. In fact, I’ve just begun!

I just want to verify that you used #8 needles. I’ve had to go down to #5’s to get the right gague. I’m relatively new to knitting, so I guess this means I’m a loose knitter?!

• October 25, 2005 at 7:53 am

Well, it depends on the yarn you’re using… are you using Lamb’s Pride Worsted? — I’m so glad you took the time to make a gauge swatch!

Amy

• October 25, 2005 at 7:57 pm

Yup, I’m using Lamb’s Pride Worsted. So it’s just me!

Well, I recently made a bizarrly shaped mitten, so I figured a gague swatch might not be a bad idea this time around. Thanks!

Jordan

• November 1, 2005 at 4:59 pm

I really dig the zombies too. She’s gotten tons of play from them…good for her!

• November 5, 2005 at 4:41 pm

What a great idea! I suppose I ought to finish the baby blanket before embarking on head gear for John….

• January 4, 2006 at 1:53 pm

I am soooo making these ear warmers! I wish I would have seen this pattern sooner as it is now January 4th and these would have been a great Christmas present for my husband!