You might think I haven’t been knitting or crocheting much, as I haven’t posted about any projects lately… Actually, I’ve been really busy but yarn companies usually don’t want you to post pictures of designs until they’ve published them…

So, I can now show you this wrap I did for Blue Sky Alpacas. I got to make it twice, first in Alpaca Silk, which was lovely, and second, in Royal–which was like crocheting with clouds. The softest, most light-weight stuff I’ve ever worked with. Amazing. (And expensive.)

This is one project I’ll probably make again for myself–it was fun and pretty fast–I was inspired by all the research into modular crochet that I was doing, but all of the original modular crochet designs Judith Copeland created were pull-overs, so I modified the concept for an open-front garment…

Thanks so much to Deneen, Maria and Darlene for doing an amazing job testing the pattern–if you’ve got pictures of your versions you’d like to post, I’ll link to them here!

More to come…

Finally, a finished project…

5 thoughts on “Finally, a finished project…

  • June 21, 2006 at 8:33 am
    Permalink

    Yay! It must be awesome to see your work modeled so beautifully!

  • June 24, 2006 at 5:35 am
    Permalink

    Congratulations! It always feels so good to see your work in print. This is a lovely top.

  • June 26, 2006 at 12:43 pm
    Permalink

    congrats! It looks great!

  • July 7, 2006 at 10:35 pm
    Permalink

    I really love this top and I think it’s cool to see someone else weawring it. I like the whole overall look.

  • August 4, 2006 at 7:21 am
    Permalink

    Wow! This is a beautiful peice.
    I’m always scouring the net for modular patterns. It is wonderful to see something new! Please make more!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *