When I filmed my epsidode of Knitty Gritty back in December, they told me I might have to wait a year to see it air. Well, now, about four months later, I discover it’s going to be shown Monday afternoon. DIY has it listed for April 16th, 2:00 p.m.

I’ve been watching the new season and I’ve seen some great episodes already–from Michael Del Vecchio to Stephanie Japel. But I get nervous just watching them thinking about my impending upcoming small screen debut.

The episode is called “Knits that Fit” and it’s about how to customize your own sweater pattern template. I am looking forward to having the template available for folks to use–it was fun to create and the knitsters were able to do great things with it.

My Knitty Gritty Episode Approaches…

7 thoughts on “My Knitty Gritty Episode Approaches…

• April 13, 2007 at 4:13 pm

So much exciting going on with you, but the waiting must drive ya crazy!

• April 13, 2007 at 9:06 pm

My DVR is all set to tape the show on Monday. These past few episodes have been great and seeing people “in person” is so cool!

• April 13, 2007 at 9:35 pm

That is exciting! I watch the show religiously, thanks to my DVR.

I liked the episode with Staphanie Japel as I have knitted on one of her patterns and really like her as a designer.

Michael Del Vecchio cracked me up because one of the first things he said was that his book was daring, suggesting that men as beginner knitters are more daring then women, etc. I don’t know if he meant to come off as a male chauvinistic. I did enjoy seeing his thumb purling. I purl with my thumb, also but differently.

I wish Lisa Shobhana Mason would have mentioned that she was knitting and purling through the backloops and her reasoning why. I think it is interesting and find it funny that they didn’t really talk about it in the show, when they always seem to talk about different knitting styles/techniques.

• April 14, 2007 at 12:46 am

I so wish I had cable right now! I know it will be great ;D

• April 14, 2007 at 8:30 am

I’m sure you did very well. It’s a shame I can’t see the show – it’s so frustrating!

• April 16, 2007 at 6:55 pm

You were so great!

• April 18, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Just last night I was able to watch some backed up episodes of Knitty Gritty on my DVR. Yours was truly fabulous. You explained yourself quite clearly and provided very useful calculations that I will use for my next project.

THANKS!