This is an incredible article by Bruce Nussbaum about how design has to change in a new, green, Web 2.0 world.

Business Week says "Design Sucks."

6 thoughts on “Business Week says "Design Sucks."

• May 8, 2007 at 4:17 pm

I think, in general Nussbaum has the right idea, but he seems to not really understand the crunchy movement either. I seriously doubt that anyone who eats organic product and shops with a reusable grocery bag is going to be sporting a mink coat anytime soon (thankfullyh!).

• May 8, 2007 at 4:18 pm

Uh…please excuse my atrocious typos in the above comment. :-/

• May 8, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Well–I thought he was just being silly when he said that.

• May 8, 2007 at 9:51 pm

Amy, can’t find your email address so I thought I would drop you a line here!

First of all, I am so happy you read my blog! That is so cool! I saw you on Knitty Gritty and thought you were great *enough of the kiss a** huh?*

Okay, regarding the crocheted parenthesis and periods…I honestly don’t remember where I got them. And I hope nobody gets made at me for putting them on my blog.

I wasn’t making fun of them…they just looked like b**bs to me and it made me laugh. Anyway, sorry I am not much more help than that 🙁

Chat with you soon!

Marly
    knitthing.blogspot.com
    knitthing.mypodcast.com
    yarnthing.blogspot.com

• May 11, 2007 at 12:30 pm

“Well–I thought he was just being silly when he said that.”

I hope so. I didn’t take it that way, but then again, the idea of mink coats got my blood pressure up so I may not have been thinking clearly. 😉

• May 12, 2007 at 7:27 am

Amy,
    That is a great article. As a newbie designer it caused me to think about what I want to do and how I like to use other’s designs. I tend to not follow directions well which makes using someone else’s patterns tough. Which brings me to Sweet. I feel like a total moron but I have tried twice and just can’t get it to work. In my mind’s eye I see garments like sewing patterns so this in the round thing gets me in knitting & crochet. Sorry – it’s not you it is me. I guess I can’t teach what I can’t make!