IMG_6990.JPG

This weekend, my mom took the kids over to the fountain in our the little village green, one of the many picturesque parts of Clinton, NY, the town where I grew up.

After she let them throw in a few pennies, she asked what their wishes were, and Jay said,

“I wished…I had my penny back.”

IMG_6996.JPG

Later that day, Jay’s theme on wishes continued, when, after blowing on a dandelion, he told his sister,

“I wished I had another flower to blow on.”

We’re back after a 10-hour traffic-filled drive yesterday. Tomorrow some movers come to take an “express shipment” of 600 pounds of essentials we can use in Alaska until all of our household goods arrive, so I’m gathering linens, pans, silverware, etc. I’ll try and get back to some fiber-y content soon!

Wishful Thinking

12 thoughts on “Wishful Thinking

• May 27, 2008 at 7:32 pm

I love that age so much–so tangible and immediate. We’re going to miss all of you so much!

• May 27, 2008 at 12:32 pm

• May 27, 2008 at 9:04 pm

That’s hilarious, my son did the same thing with his penny in a fountain a few months ago… as he’s throwing it he says “I wish I had a coin!”

• May 27, 2008 at 2:04 pm

• May 27, 2008 at 9:42 pm

SO funny answer! Love children!!!

Oh, and about the packages to be in Alaska before the rest arrive, be sure to pack one of each essential thing. A friend of mine moved to GREECE!!!! a year ago and all her things lasted almost mid year to arrive there and she was so sad not having any of her favorite things with her. It was so sad for her. Please, go yourself with the most important things and the rest send it!, lol…

• May 27, 2008 at 2:42 pm

SO funny answer! Love children!!!

• May 28, 2008 at 2:53 pm

kids are soooo cute…they say the sweetest things. Great pictures of the children.

• May 28, 2008 at 7:53 am

• May 28, 2008 at 6:02 pm

At the least Jay has his priorities straight…

• May 28, 2008 at 11:02 am

At the least Jay has his priorities straight…