We’re still here! Just digging our way out of boxes:

It’s great to be in our house, but I can’t wait until things are put away.

As fun as it looks, even the kids are getting sick of boxes. Their rooms are unpacked; it’s a bit like Christmas finding your toys after a 1-month separation from them.

Since there’s nothing to show you yet in the interior of the house, I’ll leave you with some pics of our back yard. (You can see more on flickr).

Buried.

22 thoughts on “Buried.

• August 17, 2008 at 11:19 am

That’s the view from your backyard? It’s gorgeous! I would spend my afternoons crocheting and knitting. I wish you the best in your new home.

• August 17, 2008 at 4:19 am

• August 17, 2008 at 4:22 am

Kind of hard to beat that backyard, isn’t it. Its lovely.

• August 17, 2008 at 11:22 am

Kind of hard to beat that backyard, isn’t it. Its lovely.

• August 17, 2008 at 3:54 pm

The kids look happy and what awesome views. I plan to start your Antique lace shawl pattern next week-with different yarn, of course. I’ll probably email ya about the yarn I am using (same weight skeins, Kid mohair-but yours is listed as DK and mine as lace-maybe I should double it up).

Hope all is well…..

• August 17, 2008 at 8:54 am

Hope all is well…..

• August 17, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Wow! Beautiful and what an adventure! I too love the feeling of getting to know a new place and look forward to vicarious living in a place about as different from mine as I can imagine where you can still vote in the same election. The surprise of the undiscovered, big and small. What’s that plant? What bird made that noise? What’s around the corner? Exhausting and inspiring. Enjoy it!

• August 17, 2008 at 11:58 am

• August 17, 2008 at 11:02 pm

What a beautiful view!!

• August 17, 2008 at 4:02 pm

What a beautiful view!!

• August 18, 2008 at 12:42 am

What a beautiful view. The hubby and I joke around constantly about up and moving to Alaska, I think my parents would kill me if I tried. We live about 12 hours from them now and she is miserable. lol
    Alaska is tops on my list of places I want to travel. Enjoy setting up your new house!

• August 17, 2008 at 5:42 pm

• August 18, 2008 at 9:45 am

I am sure you will get it all together soon. What a beautiful place you have, the views are spectacular!:D

• August 18, 2008 at 2:45 am

• August 18, 2008 at 3:41 pm

What are the bugs like? I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and we have a hunting camp which is located in a secluded wooden area. This year was bad for black flies and we had to check ourselves over for wood ticks. I would love to see Alaska someday but like I said what are the bugs like.

• August 18, 2008 at 8:41 am

• August 19, 2008 at 2:00 pm

OMG! That is so Beautiful! I’d buy a $9 bag a chips and sit and look at that all day! Enjoy! That is one special place.

• August 19, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Your back yard is amazing! Enjoy wandering around and experiencing everything anew.