Robyn alerted me to the fact that Detroit Public Television has episodes of Knit and Crochet Today streaming on their web site, including the episode where Drew Emborsky, The Crochet Dude, demonstrates how to crochet my toe-up sock design.

drewsock

Drew does a great job of showing all the fun parts of sock-making. It was nice to see all of those darn step-outs I made put to use! And the pattern for the socks is still available for free from the Knit and Crochet Today web site.

Today I taught at The Net Loft but instead of working on a teddy varsity jacket like I intended, I felt compelled to create something valentiney. I’m giving myself the rest of the evening to work on it, and if I like the results, I may have a wee love-day gift for you all before the weekend is out.

Dude Demos Socks

9 thoughts on “Dude Demos Socks

• February 9, 2009 at 9:55 am

I love watching Drew on the show. He did the presentation really well. Have fun with your design.

Cora

• February 10, 2009 at 5:39 am

After frogging just about every attempt at crocheting socks, I found Drew showing us your wonderful toe-up pattern — and NOW! — yay! — I have socks appearing right before my eyes.

Thanks so much!

• February 10, 2009 at 12:16 pm

So glad to hear it! I would love to see a picture when you're through!

• March 15, 2009 at 8:31 pm

I'll be one of many regular visitors to your info-packed, beautifully-photographed blog!

And thanks so much for letting us know about Knit and Crochet Today online at dptv! No more having to mark the calender to watch it at 2am once a month ๐Ÿ™‚

• March 15, 2009 at 10:17 pm

2 a.m. — wow! They must really think we crocheters are night owls! :-0
    (Hey–that sounds like good fodder for an amigurumi… a crocheting 'night'
    owl!)

Glad to have you visit! ๐Ÿ™‚

• March 16, 2009 at 3:31 am

• March 16, 2009 at 5:17 am

2 a.m. — wow! They must really think we crocheters are night owls! :-0
    (Hey–that sounds like good fodder for an amigurumi… a crocheting 'night'
    owl!)

Glad to have you visit! ๐Ÿ™‚

• June 10, 2010 at 3:10 am

Here elaborates the matter not only extensively but also detailly .I support the
    write's unique point.It is useful and benefit to your daily life.You can go those
    sits to know more relate things.They are nostalgic-pushead.com strongly recommended by friends.Personally