Here are the instructions for the mini-blanket I spoke of on April 29th.

Mini-Carriage Blanket
Copyright 2005, Amy O’Neill Houck

This petite blanket is the perfect size to cover your little one in the infant seat. Two strands of TLC Amoré give the blanket a heathered look and make it work up very fast.

Materials:
2 skeins TLC Amoré (6 oz (170 g) – Approx. 290 yd (265 m) ) Yarns pictured here are “Celery” and “Wheat”
Size P crochet hook
Tapestry Needle

Instructions:

Holding one strand of each color together, Chain 32.

Half-double-crochet (hdc) in 3rd chain from the hook, and all the way across. Chain 2, turn. Continue to work in hdc until piece measures 24 inches in length.

Drop celery yarn and sincle crochet (sc) around the entire blanket. On the long sides, sc into the edge of each stitch. Complete round, join first sc with a slip stitch, chain 2, turn.

SC around blanket once more. Join last sc to first sc with a slip stitch. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.

————
This pattern may be printed for your own use, but it may not be distributed in any way without my permission. Feel free to link to the pattern or e-mail the URL.

Finally! Mini-Blanket Pattern

9 thoughts on “Finally! Mini-Blanket Pattern

• May 19, 2005 at 10:16 am

What a cute blanket. I also wanted you to know that I really like the name of your blog. So creative!

• August 8, 2005 at 5:02 pm

Very sweet blanket!

• October 14, 2005 at 9:44 am

I’m a fairly new crocheter, and wanted a quick and easy pattern to make for a baby shower. I whipped this one up in two afternoons. Thanks for such a cute and easy-to-follow pattern!

• October 14, 2005 at 10:07 am

I’m glad to hear it–thanks for your comment, Sharoa, if you want to send me a picture of your blanket, I’ll post it on the blog.

• May 22, 2006 at 7:52 pm

What are the finished dimensions?

• May 22, 2006 at 8:22 pm

They’re about 18″ x 24″ –it’s a small blanket meant to just cover the baby in the bassinet or infant car seat.

• May 28, 2006 at 5:13 pm

Thanks!! I just finished it and mine actually was 18×24 :o) I just wanted to be sure of the size, since we have no infant car seats here to check to be sure it is right. :o) I’ve made one and have started on another!

• May 28, 2006 at 6:23 pm

We must have very similar tension, then, you and I! Hey–I’d love to see a picture of yours, if you want to send me one–my e-mail address is aoh@ipsmedia.com — if you e-mail me a pic, I’ll post it on the blog!

• April 28, 2007 at 2:37 pm

Hey, I found this pattern though crochetpatterncentral.com and just had to try it! I’m only about five rows in but already it’s so wonderful–soft and thick and such a quick work! Thank you so much for sharing!

-Rose