I’ve been struggling with a swatch all morning, and I’m having a hard time letting the yarn speak for itself–I keep imposing my ideas, which are not working. I’m taking a break, and I’ll come back to it later.

Yesterday, I did get a start on organizing the buttons.


There are so many, it will take a long time to get them all organized. The prettiest ones were sewn onto cards decades ago, and I’m going to leave them on the cards, so I’ll have to find a new way to store all the carded ones. (They’re mostly single buttons, not sets). Maybe a file box would work.


But there are bags and bags (that used to be jars and jars) of other buttons, and when we start sorting through the bags we find lots of sets of three, five and more buttons. Here’s where the little drawers are coming in handy. Selma and I are stringing the sets onto thread and then organizing the buttons by color. We got through one gallon ziploc bag yesterday, I think I’ll do another one tonight if I ever finish the swatch that’s been bating me.

Technorati Tags:

What the yarn wants…