I feel like there are two kinds of yarn acquisitions–for the yarn and for the project, right? The other day, I just *had* to buy some Hazel Knits DK because, well, it was gorgeous and I hadn’t ever tried it before. It’s sitting in the yarn basket on my desk in my studio making me happy every time I look at it. I don’t have a plan for it though.

But when this yarn came in the mail, I immediately had an idea for it. When I finish the baby sweater I’m working on now, this yarn will be my reward.

Crystal Palace Samples

On the right is Panda Silk DK from Crystal Palace, I had been expecting it, I’ve tried the fingering weight before, and I was looking forward to trying the DK. It came with a little surprise, the Kid Merino in the same colorway. As soon as I saw the pair I knew what it had to become. Can you guess?

The Yarn Speaks

6 thoughts on “The Yarn Speaks

• April 24, 2009 at 6:19 pm

A neckwarmer, thats what I would make with it.

• April 24, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Mmm… good idea, I'd like to see how that came out!

• April 25, 2009 at 8:34 am

No comment on the yarn — except I'm using the KId Merino for edging on some fancy gloves (some how gloves suffer from “second-sock” syndrom even more than any socks do) — but having been HOT when I walked from y car to ATS this morning, I noted how wintery you looked in your cute hat up in Alaska — and here in DC area we're gonna be in the 80s and possible 90s over the next few days. Everyone's got their fingers crossed that it cools down some before MD$W!

• April 25, 2009 at 10:40 am

Oh, stop talking about MSW! I'm a bit heart broken that my trip comes merely
    weeks after it. Looking forward to seeing you at Stitch and Pitch. I'll also
    be at Adega on Tuesday night.

xoxo

• April 25, 2009 at 3:34 pm

• April 25, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Oh, stop talking about MSW! I'm a bit heart broken that my trip comes merely
    weeks after it. Looking forward to seeing you at Stitch and Pitch. I'll also
    be at Adega on Tuesday night.

xoxo